Friday, May 15, 2015

A Sacramento kind of Summer

Lately I've talked a lot about work. Today...I update on me!
I send my love from Sacramento, California.
My heart always keeps me traveling, where I find my home next to the one I love.
With my heart for home always remaining in Orlando with my family and my roots, these homes we create are always a bit of a temporary residence.

I'm a little late on the update here, but it's been about a month of a Sacramento Summer of living thus far. A long ways a way from Orlando...but a truly beautiful place.
California alone holds a beauty like no other; Sacramento gives it a humbled feel. Where there is still farmland and flowing rivers, but a climate that is so wholly and perfectly...California. Well, at least for now! I hear it gets a bit hot come these summer months. Being from Orlando, I know a thing or twenty about heat. But...someone mentioned into the hundreds and I'm coming to realize: that number is just something I'm never going to escape when it involves climate. However, I'll happily take the blessing of the "no humidity" that comes along with this region!

I have to say...one of my favorite parts of Sacramento so far would have to be the beautiful bridge. The Golden Gate has a presence like no other with it's bright red coloration; but this beaming yellow beauty is quite amazing. Such a nice yellow brick road leading up to the capitol!
Come sunset, the light shining off of the bridge with the backdrop of the city is just breathtaking..


I have to tell you..."I get it from my Momma".
I do just love flowers so very much; but my mother is the one that holds the true gift for them. Imitating her ability to just take a bouquet and organize them so perfectly and artistically in something as simple as a mason jar, is something I've shadowed from her my entire life. 
Especially now into my older years! I think I'm gaining more of a respect for fresh flowers. Or maybe the ability to actually buy them or maintain them? Who knows!

Here I send you a few Sacramento Sunflowers!
A little beauty to brighten up your Friday.



Wishing everyone a very Happy Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead of you.
Do something exciting.
Go get yourself some flowers!

xo
CRR

No comments:

Post a Comment